The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Filter by folder when in a context perspective? Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
I like the fact that I can hide many projects/actions by simply clicking on a folder on the left pane while in Project view mode.

If I use a Context perspective, is there any way to tell it to filter on a folder as well? The left pane now shows contexts rather than projects/folders, so I can't see a way to do this.

I don't want to filter by context, I want to filter by the same folder I used when in Project view.

Before you switch to context mode, select the folder in the sidebar and click on the Focus button in the toolbar. You'll only see the actions from projects in the folder.

Hi whpalmer, that worked, thanks. The only tricky part is fiddling around with the "Focus" feature of the perspective you create until it does exactly what you want it to do.