The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

OmniFocus with MailTags Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Hi,

Can anyone tell me if there is any significant benefit of using MailTags (http://www.indev.ca/MailTags.html) or MailActOn (http://www.indev.ca/MailActOn.html) with OmniFocus? When I read the feature list, I really don't see anything compelling even though the website states "Works great with OmniFocus". I use the clippings feature in OmniFocus to convert mail to tasks. Am I missing something?

MailTags allows you to assign several metadata attributes to an email, and the following attributes are assigned to an OmniFocus task via the clipping function:

1) If an email is assigned a Tickle Date in MT, that becomes the due date in OF.

2) If an email is assigned a project in MT, that becomes the project in OF IF that project already exists in OF.

One thing that is not supported (yet), but would be a welcome addition, is if the clipping function also mapped the first keyword assigned in MT to the context in OF.

Mail-Act-On can be used to call customized scripts that work with OF, but I've never used anything but the clipping service to integrate Mail with OmniFocus.