The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > Developer > Omni Frameworks
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Unknown class in Interface Builder file. Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Hi everybody,
I tried to import your framework into my new project. I imported all the projects needed ( i say TextEditor example ), add the other frameworks, selected the xcode configuration and build, added the CopyLibrary build rule. The build succeeded but when i try to use your classes into my xibs i run into this error :

"Unknown class OUIEditableFrame in Interface Builder file."

Am i doing something wrong?

Thank for your help!

Unfortunately, Interface Builder (and by extension the build tool for compiling xibs) doesn't search the build output directory for headers (or if it can be made to, we haven't figured out the magic to force it to yet).

One way to work around this is to manually reference the files like we did in the TextEditor example (see the Omni Frameworks/OmniUI Headers group in the project).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim Wood View Post
One way to work around this is to manually reference the files like we did in the TextEditor example (see the Omni Frameworks/OmniUI Headers group in the project).
But I already did this ( even if I didn't know why ). I referenced the files I saw in TextEditor example. I also tried to reference OUIEditableFrame.h but nothing happened. I also tried to allocate it from the code but i get this linker problem :

Quote:
Undefined symbols for architecture i386:
"_OBJC_CLASS_$_OUIEditableFrame", referenced from:
objc-class-ref in AppDelegate.o
ld: symbol(s) not found for architecture i386
clang: error: linker command failed with exit code 1 (use -v to see invocation)
It seems like the linker does not find OUIEditableFrame symbol, but the target dependencies are the same of TextEditor.

EDIT ( SOLVED ) : Probably cause by XCode 4, even if the library was linked they we're not actually linked. Removing and re-adding them works as expected.

Thank you guys for your help, really appreciated ;-)

Last edited by sgtbash; 2011-03-15 at 11:05 AM..