The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

MailTags discount at MacZot today Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
MailTags 2.1.1 is available at a 33% discount today through MacZot, down from $29.95 to $19.95.

For those who are debating purchasing, now's the time!

http://www.maczot.com/

Victoria

What benefits does MailTags have when used together with OmniFocus?

I believe it's required for the clipping function at the moment. And it works a treat with Curt's scripts for creating OF tasks out of emails.

It's not required for the clipping function. I don't have MailTags, and I just clipped for the first time this afternoon.

It's required for the Mail clipping, I believe.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carlos View Post
What benefits does MailTags have when used together with OmniFocus?
It's a great program all by itself. I would be lost managing my multiple projects or tasks w/o organizing my emails using MailTag.

With OF now, you can transfer the mail item with Project and Due date if you have MailTag.

MailTag is necessary for links back to Mail from OF actions. This is mostly because the AppleScript interface for Mail is hopelessly impoverished. I bought MailTags solely for the link-back functionality. Since then, I've found that assigning tags to Mail messages makes my archiving much easier than when I was using a hierarchy of folders. Money well spent, even at the regular price, as far as I'm concerned.

Curt