The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

delegating/sharing projects/folders Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
I find omnifocus very useful, but do find some limitations in its ability to collaborate with others. I've read through the forums over the years but have never found any great solutions for this problem.

For example, I have many projects I have delegated or am collaborating with others on. I do not want to share my entire omnifocus file with everyone I am working with, however I do want to be able to share specific folders or projects which I have delegated or am collaborating with other people on.

Until omnigroup actually puts sharing capabilities within omnifocus, does anyone have any good interim hacks so that designated collaborators could share designated projects or folders?

Right now I am just linking word documents to those delegated/collaborative projects I am working on, and sharing the documents in dropbox with my collaborators. This is an ok hack, as it allows collaboration with both mac and pc users but its not ideal, especially because you cannot track any of the actions in those word documents in omnifocus, nor can you track context, due dates, etc.

Does anyone have any other new ideas?

Thanks for your suggestions!

well its been almost a month, and not a peep. I guess that just says it all, there really is not a good way to delegate/collaborate with others using omnifocus. Too bad, well I will just keep doing what I am doing then.

Because no one here gave me any help or even pointed me in the right direction, it unfortunately took me a while to find a solution.

But I am happy to report that I finally found a way to collaborate with others using a program called spootnik with connects a collaborative web based program called basecamp with omnifocus. It's exactly the solution I was looking for.

So I am just posting this in case other people are interested, information about it is also in the applying omnifocus section.

Last edited by cellmatrix; 2011-04-24 at 08:09 AM..

Cellmatrix, sorry about that - threads do fall through the cracks on some occassions. If you want a guaranteed response to any given question, you'll want to email the support ninjas.

Thanks Brian, even though your support ninjas did not offer the spootnik solution when I laid out my problem by email, they were still friendly and nice to deal with. So anyway, no worries, I am still a big fan of your software and a satisfied customer!