The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Sort Actions by Status? Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
How can I sort Actions by Status (Flagged/Unflagged)? Is it possible to auto-sort by Status (all Flagged Actions go to top of list)? Can I have a Perspective that auto-sorts by status?

The Status Filter works well, but I am limited to three views: Flagged only, Unflagged only, and un-filtered. I would like a fourth view: Grouped.

From a broader perspective: is there any other metadata that can be used to create groups of Actions?

Quote:
Originally Posted by KirbyKrieger View Post
I have been struggling to master OmniFocus (Mac mostly; have iPhone, iPad versions) for a few months, working through some tutorials and, page by page, Kouresh Dini's fine, long, primer.
From your earlier post you indicate you have done tutorials and reading resources on OmniFocus. If you are referring to "Creating Flow with OmniFocus" by Kourosh Dini, this book does answer in detail how to setup custom perspectives.

I am having a difficult time understanding what view you are desiring to see? Yes, you can sort tasks by many methods. I assume from your limited set of sorting options you are changing these settings from the Projects view. From the sort bar in the Contexts perspective you can apply many types of sorting and filters.
  • Context Filter {All Context, Remaining, Active, Stalled, On Hold, Dropped}
  • Grouping {Ungrouped, Context, Project, Due, Start, Completed, Added, Changed, Flagged}
  • Sorting {Project, Context, Flagged, Name, Due, Start, Added, Changed, Completed, Duration}
  • Availability Filter {Any Status, Remaining, Next Action, Available, Completed}
  • Status Filter {Any Status, Flagged, Unflagged, Due Soon, Due or Flagged, Due and Flagged, Due and Unflagged}
  • Estimated Time Filter {Any Duration, 5 min, 15 min, 30 min, 1 hour, > 1 hour, Unestimated}

From the sort bar in the Projects perspective you can apply a different set of sorting and filters.
  • Project Filter {All Projects, Remaining, Active, Stalled, Pending, On Hold, Dropped, Completed}
  • Grouping {Ungrouped, Folder, Due, Start, Completed, Next Review, Added, Changed}
  • Sorting {Unsorted, Name, Flagged, Due, Start, Completed, Next Review, Added, Changed, Duration}
  • Availability Filter {Any Status, Remaining, Next Action, Available, Completed}
  • Status Filter {Any Status, Flagged, Unflagged}
  • Estimated Time Filter {Any Duration, 5 min, 15 min, 30 min, 1 hour, > 1 hour, Unestimated}

It would be helpful in providing a description in order to understand what you mean by "Grouped" and in which mode, Projects or Contexts, you are desiring to see this information. What is a status of "Grouped" to represent in contrast to something like Flagged and Unflagged?