The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus Extras
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

ofexport - export to text, taskpaper, html, opml Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Would it be possible to make the persistentIdentifier of all entities available in the templates as $id? I tried to add it on my own but the last time I had to deal with Python was about 10 years ago at college.

Quote:
Originally Posted by markokaestner View Post
Would it be possible to make the persistentIdentifier of all entities available in the templates as $id? I tried to add it on my own but the last time I had to deal with Python was about 10 years ago at college.
Sure, I use it in some of the templates like ics already.

Out of curiosity, what do you want it for?

Quote:
Originally Posted by psidnell View Post
Sure, I use it in some of the templates like ics already.

Out of curiosity, what do you want it for?
Ahh ... didn't notice this. Works fine. I am currently evaluating, if I could replace my own OF code in my Alfred workflow with your ofexport tool. Looks promising so far...

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingsinger View Post
Awesome! That helps me understand better how it works too. I don't understand much about the command line. Can you share with me what you put into Hazel to run your shell script?

That would help me.

Thanks!
Hi kingsinger,

Sorry only just saw this. I replicated psidnell's approach here

Quote:
Originally Posted by markokaestner View Post
Would it be possible to make the persistentIdentifier of all entities available in the templates as $id?
I'm reworking the configuration at the moment and improving the way templates reference attributes, hopefully this will be simpler when I'm done.

Quote:
Originally Posted by psidnell View Post
I'm reworking the configuration at the moment and improving the way templates reference attributes, hopefully this will be simpler when I'm done.
For the fearless amongst you I've just pushed V3.0.0. This incorporates a few recent suggestions I've had and hopefully paves the way for others I'd like to address.
  • Added a plugin model so that templates can use custom layouts better. Much less code.
  • Changed the template format. Bear that in mind if you've customised yours or created new ones. The new format is more compact, flexible and obvious (I hope).
  • Added some missing attributes to existing templates.
  • Created a global config file for plugin loading and file associations.
  • Misc bug fixes and template tweaks to remove extraneous white space in output.

My tests haven't shown up any problems but these are big internal changes so there might be issues. Let me know if you hit problems.

Hi,

How do I only select uncompleted tasks.

Status only relates to Projects and Completed is a date.

TIA
Nick

Quote:
Originally Posted by nickwild View Post
Hi,
How do I only select uncompleted tasks.

Status only relates to Projects and Completed is a date.

TIA
Nick
This will give you just uncompleted tasks by including only tasks which have no completion date.
Code:
ofexport -t done=none -o ~/Desktop/x.taskpaper --open
However it will also show the completed tasks within the uncompleted group.

If you want to eliminate those too then try this:

Code:
ofexport -E -a done=any -o ~/Desktop/x.taskpaper --open
If you really dont want to see anything except tasks (no other structure at all) try this:

Code:
ofexport -E -a done=any --tasks -T flat -o ~/Desktop/x.taskpaper --open

Perfect! Thanks.

Hi,

Sorry for all the dumb questions. Regarding templates how do I exclude the note fields from the output. I have tried removing this from the template but it did not work.

Cheers

Nick