The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniGraffle > OmniGraffle General
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

OG and Keynote? (Linkback woes) Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Hello,

I'm writing a presentation in Keynote, and I'm wondering what's the best way to proceed. I tried doing a diagram and add it to Keynote, but it seems the only way to do it that is linkback enabled is dragging the diagram icon. Then not only the layer visibility does not seem to be respected, but when I double click on the image in Keynote, the master background is reset to white (which is not nice as my Keynote theme is dark).

So how do you edit Keynote presentations that contain many OG diagrams consisting of different layers (that are visible or not)?

Thanks a lot.

You don't make it clear in your post - are you using the Keynote Linkback plug-in? Keynote doesn't support Linkback by default. With that plug-in installed, you should be able to simply double-click the OmniGraffle created images in Keynote and have them open in OmniGraffle, edit them, and when you save, see the changed image back in Keynote.

Sorry I was not clear: yes, I'm using the linkback plugin. The problem is that I want to show a series of slides, each slightly different. I'm trying to use layers to do so, but layer visibility information does not seem to be preserved in the linkback to keynote.

The way I add a diagram to keynote is to take the icon in the document title bar and drag it to the keynote slide. Maybe there is another way that preserves layer visibility?

I just tried copy and paste of the actual visible objects and that worked (invisible layers remain invisible).

HTH.

Ah, interesting, I'll have to try this when I get back to work tomorrow, thanks for the suggestion.