The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniOutliner > OmniOutliner 3 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Dropbox/Clippings? Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Hi there,

I've been testing out OmniOutliner the last couple of days, and I really like it so far. A couple of questions (which I didn't see the direct answers to in the manual):

1) Is there any way to select pictures instead of text in a web browser and send to clippings? That would be invaluable for creating my research files.

2) Is there any way that you guys can think about including a side dock a la Yojimbo or Together to drop stuff on for clippings?

3) Is there any way for me to change my files location (for clippings, say) to a folder in my Dropbox folder? I tried it and it didn't work. It just created a Clippings file in the default clippings folder, no matter what I did (even browsing to the Dropbox folder...still didn't work. Maybe it's a trial thing?)

I really need an information organizer for clippings/research I do online. I'm still uncertain if OmniOutliner is what I need. I actually have never, ever, written outlines. I hated them in school and when I write essays/op-eds (which I do quite often and fairly successfully..) it all gets outlined in my head beforehand - not on paper.

But I love Omni so much that I really want some good reasons to buy this. :)

Thanks for any info!