The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > Applying OmniFocus
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Using maintenance folder to group repeating projects Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
The way I have my folders set up in Omnifocus is:
I have a personal folder, I have a work folder and I have a maintenance folder and I also have a someday maybe folder which also has subfolders for things to buy, books to read, and etc.

I was using the maintenance folder for all of the projects that I wanted to maintain. For example monthly payments, computer backup, house cleaning and etc.

But after a while I noticed that almost all of those projects are repeating. I also wanted to see a list of all of my repeating projects in OmniFocus because I was afraid that something might fall through the cracks because those projects often have start dates and are off the radar so to speak.

Im going to use this maintenance folder for all of my repeating projects now. I think this makes a lot of sense.

I'm curios about how other people are using folders in Omnifocus to group projects, do you have anything similar to maintenance folder?

I have a folder for regular project, e.g.

Daily tasks
Weekly review
Monthly Housekeeping
Monthly Review
Regular tasks
GTD System reviews
e.t.c.

Sounds similar to your system.