The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > Applying OmniFocus
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Restoring cars - long term project help Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Hello everyone -

I have been trying to incorporate the GTD and OF in my life a bit more in the last 6 months. I can definitely see an improvement in my work flow. It is no where near perfect, but continues to improve as we go. I am trying to tackle two new projects. One of them will be long-term (1-2 years) and the other will be less than a year, however these projects are never truly done.

I have created a folder for each car/truck - '1972 Challenger' and '1949 Chevy 3100'. The issue I am running into is that I do not want to get too many levels within the folders. So right now each component is broken down into a project.

Example for '49 Chevy:
Buying the 292 motor
Buying the front axle
Misc Action (1949 Chevy)

The issue I am having is I really do not know other ways of tackling a project this size. I try to step back and look at what I need to do. I have been assembling a list, however I feel like I am just in a daze because not everything matches up with a project. Like the brake lines I need to order, but I need to research on pricing and availability. The transmission has a tab that is broken off that I need to look at and figure if I can have it heliflexed or not. Again, this doesn't pertain to a certain project within the folder and I do not want to create all these levels within OF because that is what I think is the death of OF for me. Everything gets buried and lost then.

Any tips on people who have tackled big projects such as this?