The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus for iPad
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

How to create a project inside another project Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
I run a recording studio, and one of the things I like to use Omnifocus for is planning recording projects. So I enter the artists name as a project, and then I enter the songs we are recording as tasks under that project. However, each one of those songs is a smaller project with many steps - many instruments to add etc. How do I turn those songs (actions) into projects while leaving them where they are, inside the current project? I know I can turn them into a project, but then they are back in a higher hierarchical level, outside the project I'm working on. Or what is a better way to do this?

I have the same problem on the iPhone version, and it makes it so I don't want to use the software. I can do this on the Mac, but I'm often doing this sort of planning on the road when I have some down time, and I don't always have my laptop, or I'd rather not carry it. Thanks - any help would be much appreciated!