The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Effective Start Time Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
I've been using OmniFocus for several months now, and I think it's quickly become indispensable. Thanks for a great app, guys.

I'm sure the list of feature requests is long, but here's another for the pile: I wish an action kept track of the date/time that it became the next action. I would never need to edit this date manually, but I'd love to use it in a group-by. Right now, I sometimes have trouble finding a good axis to group by that will effectively put stuff in front of me without overwhelming me. If I could group by this "effective start date" (or whatever you'd call it), I could see which among my next actions just became "next" and which have been sitting there for a while.

Similar in spirit: I can imagine wanting to group actions by the date/time that they became available, or perhaps unavailable. And it might be nice to sort projects by when they became stalled -- recently vs long ago.