The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniWeb > OmniWeb Feature Requests
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Support multiple keychain entries for a site Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Quote:
Originally Posted by Forrest
I have two gmail accounts. I tried them both in SP17 and Safari. SP17 reacted just like Safari.
The problem is when you use two different account on two different forms on the same site and not if you use two different account on the same form

Moreover i think that safari can handle multiple username/password on the same form while OW doesn't

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nat
www.omnigroup.com/app1 with username1 & password1
www.omnigroup.com/app2 with username2 & password2
I think I may have been getting carried away. The issue you're reporting above, being able to save two passwords for a single site -- what you initially reported -- is something we hope to add in the future.

The issue that I'm rambling on about is where:

https://login.omnigroup.com -and-
http://anothersite.omnigroup.com

share passwords with each other. This wont work in OmniWeb, you'll have to save passwords for each site separately.

Closely related, it'd be nice if, every time, we *could* save login information.

I know with one of the recent releases, OW added support for the HTML form property that tells it not to save form logins. (I forget what it is - I never use it because I believe in leaving control in users' hands.) Is there any way to get it to *not* honor that property? My computers are all properly secured, so there's no reason for me not to have the convenience of autofilled logins just because there are users out there who need to be protected from themselves.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Williams
Closely related, it'd be nice if, every time, we *could* save login information.

I know with one of the recent releases, OW added support for the HTML form property that tells it not to save form logins. (I forget what it is - I never use it because I believe in leaving control in users' hands.) Is there any way to get it to *not* honor that property? My computers are all properly secured, so there's no reason for me not to have the convenience of autofilled logins just because there are users out there who need to be protected from themselves.
Perhaps this bookmarklet will work in OW to allow you to do this; haven't tried it recently though (and I don't really remember if it ever worked in OW).

Code:
javascript:(function(){var ca,cea,cs,df,dfe,i,j,x,y;function n(i,what){return i+" "+what+((i==1)?"":"s")}ca=cea=cs=0;df=document.forms;for(i=0;i<df.length;++i){x=df[i];dfe=x.elements;if(x.onsubmit){x.onsubmit="";++cs;}if(x.attributes["autocomplete"]){x.attributes["autocomplete"].value="on";++ca;}for(j=0;j<dfe.length;++j){y=dfe[j];if(y.attributes["autocomplete"]){y.attributes["autocomplete"].value="on";++cea;}}}alert("Removed autocomplete=off from "+n(ca,"form")+" and from "+n(cea,"form element")+", and removed onsubmit from "+n(cs,"form")+". After you type your password and submit the form, the browser will offer to remember your password.")})();

Thanks, I'll give that a shot. I'm not sure why I hadn't thought of that--maybe it was just *too* obvious a workaround. :-)

Quote:
Originally Posted by troyb
I think I may have been getting carried away. The issue you're reporting above, being able to save two passwords for a single site -- what you initially reported -- is something we hope to add in the future.

The issue that I'm rambling on about is where:

https://login.omnigroup.com -and-
http://anothersite.omnigroup.com

share passwords with each other. This wont work in OmniWeb, you'll have to save passwords for each site separately.
Other then this, I have no reason to NOT buy omniweb. Do you have a version in mind you hope to work this into?

Hello again. Still wondering if you have any idea when this will be added. Im growing tired of the issues i'm having with other browsers and am anxious to have this featured added.

I can't really say when this will happen just yet. Some point after OmniWeb 5.5 is running smoothly with WebKit though.

There is one thing about login autofill I like very much about Opera: Username and pw are not filled in automatically. Instead, an orange border around those text fields is shown, indicating that you can press Ctrl-Return, and Opera will login.

That way, it just isn't so obvious that there is a login stored for that page - especially nice if other people regularly use the same account on that computer. Of course, this is really far from secure, but I like to know that others have to really know how to use Opera (they don't, normally) in order to use my forum accounts, e.g.. (At work at the windows box, that is.)

OTOH, this requires learning, and I understand that a browser should be as self-explaining as possible by default. So maybe this could be a config option?

Quote:
Originally Posted by zottel
There is one thing about login autofill I like very much about Opera: Username and pw are not filled in automatically. Instead, an orange border around those text fields is shown, indicating that you can press Ctrl-Return, and Opera will login.
How does this work when you have multiple accounts and passwords for the same page?

I just don't see this as a very useful feature as I would never store a user name and password on a shared system.

Last edited by placebo; 2006-08-24 at 05:57 PM..