The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniWeb > OmniWeb Feature Requests
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Great browser but full screen? Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
I have only been using Omniweb for less than one day and have already brought a licence because this really is the best browser that I have ever used, beets Fireworks, my previous"best", hands down! :) I have also found that the folk on this forum are very helpful with the one question I have already posted—answered straight away, great stuff. One feature that I think is missing, (unless I just can't find it which is more than likely!:rolleyes: ) is the ability to go into full screen mode, I would love to be able to do this. There is a plug in on Versiontracker called Omnishaft but it does not seem to work on Omniweb 5.5.1—I tried without success. Any suggestions how to do this?

Cheers,
Benedictine

It isn't possible with OmniWeb itself. Send it in as a feature request using the Send Feedback option in the Help menu.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JKT
It isn't possible with OmniWeb itself. Send it in as a feature request using the Send Feedback option in the Help menu.
Thanks for the replies, have done as suggested.
Cheers,
Benedictine

I'd really like to see an elegant full-screen mode, similar to the Shiira 2.0 beta, along with a tab drawer/sidebar.

In the mean time, you can try Megazoomer, which allows you to zoom most application windows. :)

Megazoomer works quite fine, actually.

There's also OmniSaft, but the Web site mentions only OmniWeb 4.5 (ancient), so I have no idea whether this works with current OW versions.

http://haoli.dnsalias.com/OmniSaft/index.html

Steps to using OmniWeb entirely in full-screen mode:
1. Download Megazoomer and install it.
2. Launch OmniWeb.
3. Press the rounded bubble on the top-right corner to hide the bars at the top.
4. Hit 'Command + \' to hide the status bar at the bottom.
5. Hit 'Command + Return' to make the browser full screen.
6. Hit 'Command + L' to reveal the address bar, 'Command + .' to stop loading a page, 'Command + R' to reload, 'Command + →' to go forward and 'Command + ←' to go back.
7. 'Command + ↑' and 'Command + ↓' will switch to other tabs.
8. When the buttons at the top are hidden and the browser is not in full screen mode, 'Command + Alt + T' will toggle the tab drawer.

Once you get used to using these commands, it is pretty convenient to use OmniWeb in full screen mode with Megazoomer. Hope that helped! :)