The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Re-use same window when selecting context from menu bar? Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Hi,

I tried putting OF in the menu bar where it gives me a nice list of my contexts and overdue items for each context. It's much more readable and "friendly" for me than the dock icon.

However, when I select a context, it opens a _new_ window that displays that context... and eaves the other window alone. So if I do that a few times, I get lots of OF windows. Not something I want... I don't think it's all that "Mac-like" to have lots of windows open for the same application.

Any way to change this behavior? I want exactly one OF Window open at all times... and don't want double-clicking on anything or selecting via the menu item to open another window... i want it to change the view in the open window. Any tips/suggestions here apprciated.

I'm not sure why you think not having multiple windows open is more Mac-like!

There is no setting I'm aware of to prevent OF from opening new windows when you double-click on an action or project, follow a Growl notification, or use the dock or menu bar to go to a context. However, you can use my handy script to close all but the front window when they accumulate.

Thread on closing excess windows