The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > General > Forums Feedback
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Tapatalk Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Hey,
could you please add Tapatalk-Support to your forum (http://www.tapatalk.com/)?
Thx!!

Last edited by Ken Case; 2012-09-24 at 07:47 AM.. Reason: Fixed the link

I second this request.

Third! I've installed this for a forum I used to run. It's very easy and quick.

Thanks!

Another request to the forum owners about tapatalk please!

Forum owner URL: http://www.tapatalk.com/plugin.php

LOL I was researching on whether Tapatalk supports vBulletin (which it does) when I stumbled on this thread...

Yes, please, enable Tapatalk (it's free!)

Edit:
No response from Omni since the first post (2010-04-05, 01:31 PM)... That's a long time with no love from the Omni ninjas... :(

Last edited by shhQuiet; 2011-09-21 at 12:16 PM.. Reason: Bump

We're investigating switching to a different software package for our forums. Happy to give this more consideration when that switch is closer.

In general though, I'd prefer for our forums to have a decent mobile theme. If I understand the way Tapatalk works, all your forum traffic for customers that use it go through their servers on the way to those visitors. That means security risk we could otherwise avoid.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian View Post
In general though, I'd prefer for our forums to have a decent mobile theme. If I understand the way Tapatalk works, all your forum traffic for customers that use it go through their servers on the way to those visitors. That means security risk we could otherwise avoid.
Actually, it's all local to your server. It's just a directory you install within your forum install, so it basically acts as a mobile interface for the same forums, read status is the same, etc.

Good to know - thanks! That said, from what I can google, looks like Tapatalk doesn't currently support the package we're considering switching to (Vanilla).

Offering a better mobile browsing experience is something we want to do - just not wedded to any particular solution to doing so.

I love tapatalk and I'm waiting to see you there....