The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniPlan > OmniPlan General
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

how to have exact effort durations? it keeps changing them. Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
In my project, I'm not worried about hours, or the fact that a day might have 8 hours of work in it. I'm planning it out at the level of total days for contractors that don't work by the hour - so if I think this task should be done in 1 week, that's 7 calendar days total. But in OmniPlan, when I type "7d" into the Effort for a task, it automatically changes it to "1w 2d". How can I make it stop this?

Mike

whpalmer4 wrote a lovely description of the seemingly arcane "Effort Conversion Factors here. It sounds like you want to declare that a week is 56 hours long to me.

It also sounds like you might be interested in trying "Daily Scheduling" granularity on the Project: Information inspector.

-Tom