The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniWeb > OmniWeb General
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

where is the background of the favorites bar? Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
i'm currently modifying lots of the graphics of omniweb. but i can't seem to find the background of the favorites bar (the one with the gradient from darker grey to light grey). i might as well also ask if the status bar background is changeable, while i'm at it. thanks in advance!

bump. nobody knows? :(

It could very easily have been done in code.

Yes, we generate this unfortunately so it wont be found inside the package anywhere.

I answered this one in an earlier thread:
http://forums.omnigroup.com/showthread.php?t=1708

Basically you need to change the OS system theme for the 'image well' (the sunken box you sometimes get around images) in order to change this. A while back i ran a shapeshifter theme just to get rid of the gradient.

The status bar can be modified a bit. I wanted to have a gradient on that (like xCode) but any custom images that get applied to the .nib file will sit on top of the loading and status bar messages/icons. There's no way to get a custom image to go below that, unless you're the Omnigroup of course! I checked with them about a month back and it was confirmed, so I've given up on that one. It could be that someone clever at cocoa could write a SIMBL or InputManager plugin to do this, but it doesn't seem worth the time. Hopefully OG are working on am updated interface for OW 6 that brings it up to speed UI wise with the rest of their gorgeous looking apps.