The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniGraffle > OmniGraffle General
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Image transparency when exporting to Visio Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Hello,

I have an OmniGraffle Pro diagram that I'm trying to export into Visio so I can more easily hand it off to my Windows-based coworkers. The export generally works pretty well, but I'm having a problem with a couple if icon images I've placed in my diagram. The icon images were originally PNG images, and they've been added to my diagram by using OG's "Place Image" feature.

The icons have been placed on top of a gradient background with the "Fill" setting unchecked. In OG, the image background is transparent so I can see the gradient behind the image. When I export to Visio, however, those icons show a white background that obscures the gradient background and makes it look horrible.

Has anyone else seen this problem? Any ideas how to avoid the problem? Are there other image formats other than PNG I should use that might make this work better for me?