The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

OmniFocus Mobile Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Found a nifty little iPhone simulator, and I couldn't resist posting a screenshot of the new version of OmniFocus Mobile I've been working on.

Since the iPhone's browser is based on WebKit, the new version behaves more like an application than a website. Clicking on a checkbox, for example, does an ajax call back to the server, marks it as complete, and dynamically adds newly available actions to the page if applicable.

I'm already sketching out plans for version 3, which would allow for offline use and syncing over the network, but I really need to play with the actual device first before I know exactly what it can do.

Wow, this looks awesome! Great work :)

That looks GREAT.

So where would we have to host the files? .Mac?

BZ

Since the web interface interacts directly with OmniFocus, a rather tricky setup is required. See the attached readme.txt file for further details. I'm working on simplifying the process, but for the time being, OmniFocus Mobile remains more of a clever hack than a viable product.

I'd love to see an embedded HTTP server built into OmniFocus that takes the place of my scripts. That way, all the user has to do is set up port forwarding and configure dyndns.
Attached Files
File Type: txt readme.txt (1.7 KB, 445 views)

In light of the iPhone release this Friday (and the hint of cool web-related things to come) I'm posting the latest version of OmniFocus Mobile. The code is terribly messy and entirely undocumented, but if you're itching to use OmniFocus on your iPhone, here you go. The installation procedure is the same as before.

http://junk.dansays.com/ofm2.zip

Omnifolks, you're welcome to pick through my app for UI ideas. I've created a hardcoded hack for Perspectives, since the functionality isn't yet exposed via Applescript.