The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniPlan > OmniPlan Extras
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

CS Odessa MindMap Export to Omni Planner Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
I get this error when I export a CS Odess MindMap (MS Project XML) file and try to open with Omni Planner. What could the cause be?

net.sf.mpxj.MPXJException: Failed to parse file
at net.sf.mpxj.mspdi.MSPDIReader.read(MSPDIReader.jav a:153)
at net.sf.mpxj.reader.AbstractProjectReader.read(Abst ractProjectReader.java:49)
at mpxjconverter.convertFile(mpxjconverter.java:47)
at mpxjconverter.main(mpxjconverter.java:36)
Caused by: javax.xml.bind.UnmarshalException: unexpected element (uri:"", local:"Project"). Expected elements are <{http://schemas.microsoft.com/project}Project>
at com.sun.xml.bind.v2.runtime.unmarshaller.Unmarshal lingContext.handleEvent(UnmarshallingContext.java: 603)
at com.sun.xml.bind.v2.runtime.unmarshaller.Loader.re portError(Loader.java:244)
at com.sun.xml.bind.v2.runtime.unmarshaller.Loader.re portError(Loader.java:239)
at com.sun.xml.bind.v2.runtime.unmarshaller.Loader.re portUnexpectedChildElement(Loader.java:116)
at com.sun.xml.bind.v2.runtime.unmarshaller.Unmarshal lingContext$DefaultRootLoader.childElement(Unmarsh allingContext.java:1009)
at com.sun.xml.bind.v2.runtime.unmarshaller.Unmarshal lingContext._startElement(UnmarshallingContext.jav a:446)
at com.sun.xml.bind.v2.runtime.unmarshaller.Unmarshal lingContext.startElement(UnmarshallingContext.java :427)
at com.sun.xml.bind.v2.runtime.unmarshaller.Interning XmlVisitor.startElement(InterningXmlVisitor.java:7 1)
at com.sun.xml.bind.v2.runtime.unmarshaller.SAXConnec tor.startElement(SAXConnector.java:137)
at com.sun.xml.bind.unmarshaller.DOMScanner.visit(DOM Scanner.java:240)
at com.sun.xml.bind.unmarshaller.DOMScanner.scan(DOMS canner.java:123)
at com.sun.xml.bind.unmarshaller.DOMScanner.scan(DOMS canner.java:106)
at com.sun.xml.bind.v2.runtime.unmarshaller.Unmarshal lerImpl.unmarshal0(UnmarshallerImpl.java:317)
at com.sun.xml.bind.v2.runtime.unmarshaller.Unmarshal lerImpl.unmarshal(UnmarshallerImpl.java:297)
at net.sf.mpxj.mspdi.MSPDIReader.read(MSPDIReader.jav a:127)
... 3 more

I'm sorry for the trouble this is causing! It may be that the file which MindMap exports is using a different version of the MS Project file format than OmniPlan expects or something...

If you send the file to our support ninjas, we can probably take a look and figure out exactly what's going on here.

Hi Brian,

I have attached the exported .xml file (MS Project). Please let me know what the ninja's think.

Much appreciated.
Attached Files
File Type: zip Photo-Direction.xml.zip (1.3 KB, 1500 views)

Quote:
Originally Posted by data6057 View Post
I have attached the exported .xml file (MS Project). Please let me know what the ninja's think
To get it straight to them you probably need to submit it through

Omniplan > Help > Send Feedback ...

(attaching it to the email which is generated)

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobTrew View Post
To get it straight to them you probably need to submit it through

Omniplan > Help > Send Feedback ...

(attaching it to the email which is generated)
RobTrew, in fact it works without the previously mentioned error. Will try to test it out.

Last edited by Gendoo; 2012-06-19 at 01:36 AM..

data6057,

I'm not sure you'll find that file very useful even if you get it to import. It's a horribly constructed export from MindMap, that, for example, doesn't have a name of duration for any given task. That said, the only technical reason we fail to import it it that it doesn't actually claim to be a Microsoft Project XML file.

You can go ahead and patch it yourself just by changing the second line to:

Code:
<Project xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/project"><Name></Name>
-Tom

net.sf.mpxj.MPXJException: Failed to parse file. how to identified