The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniWeb > OmniWeb General
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Clear Autofill Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Could someone please tell me how to clear autofill values? I have deleted OmniWeb preferences, Application Support and re-downloaded the entire application, yet they remain.

I would imagine they're just stored in a file somewhere, but I don't know where.

Thanks.

These are actually stored in your preferences so deleting that should have deleted your autofill values as well.

You can also edit what can be autofilled in the AutoFill preference pane.

Preference file:
~/Library/Preferences/com.omnigroup.OmniWeb5.plist

Thanks for the reply.

Yes, I deleted the preferences, as well as everything else associated w/ OW.

I do have 1Password installed, but I checked, and nothing is stored there.

In my AutoFill Preferences, it lists nothing but "From Address Book" with my first and last name.

Is there any other place where OW would be storing and getting the information?

Thanks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by troyb View Post
These are actually stored in your preferences so deleting that should have deleted your autofill values as well.

You can also edit what can be autofilled in the AutoFill preference pane.

No, OmniWeb only gathers information from the address book. Once it has that information it displays it in the AutoFill preference pane so you can see what it gathered. There is also the AutoComplete section, this is what is used when you type into a field. Is this also empty?

Yes, AutoComplete is completely empty.

I also took a quick look through the XML in the preferences plist. I don't see any of the data that it is autofilling (though I don't know if it stores it in plain text).

Quote:
Originally Posted by troyb View Post
There is also the AutoComplete section, this is what is used when you type into a field. Is this also empty?

I found it. Everything is stored in my Keychain. I finally noticed the sentence under AutoFill that says "Passwords are stored securely in the Keychain.".

Thanks for your help.

Ahh I should have picked up on what you meant when you mentioned 1Password, glad you figured it out!