The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus Extras
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Web Interface? Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Does anyone know if the OF web interface on Softpedia works?

I'm at my wit's end trying to find a way to manage my OmniFocus database in a more universal fashion.

The number one problem with systems like OF is that they usually run on a subset of the platforms out there, and provide no way to access them from locked down machines like those you find at school, in the library, at a friend's house, etc.

Yes, it does. As well as it ever has, I should say. If you need to be able to look at your tasks somewhere else, maybe check a few of them off, and don't mind only being able to view them by context/available, only able to add tasks to the inbox, etc. it might be of use. Be sure to edit the values in config/Settings.plist to set up a username and password (don't use a password from anything else, as it will be sent in the clear!) Also be aware that the paths given in the README file are slightly out of date, and don't exactly match what you'll have after download from Softpedia. You'll need to do a few commands in the Terminal.

Which systems have you used that don't have problems with universal availability? Heck, even index cards or a Moleskine break down if you misplace the writing implement :-)

I've been using the iPhone/iPod touch version of OmniFocus for remote access to my database over the last few days, and while there are a few shortcomings (no user-definable perspectives yet, no ability to set up or alter repeat characteristics, no review functionality) and the keyboard/screen is obviously less convenient, it's a nice package. At the moment I've got 366 projects, 2561 actions, and 63 zip files according to the program, and it is quite satisfactory in performance.

excuse me...
which web interface are you talking about?

thanks

Alessandro

There's an unsupported web interface that was done back in the dark ages before development on the iPhone and iPod touch was opened up. If you can leave a computer running OmniFocus with connectivity to the outside world, you can get a context view of your actions and inbox and check items off, add items to the inbox, and so on from any decent web browser. Using it will probably not impress anyone unless they are a Ruby hacker ;)

You can find it on Softpedia here.

thanks a lot...

I have web interfaces running.
Itś ok, but you can just add task and see them.

I Have 2 questions,

1) are there any chance run web interface on other computer (not my mac) I prefer on a linux based web server? (same network of macbook) but not same computer. :)

2) are there any way to send new task or documents to omnifocus if I'm browsing a web page, or looking a word document?
I explain better: Someone send me an email with a doc attached, I see it, on gmail web page.
I download an open document (at work). Are there any chance to send that document to omnifocus? (that document is a task for me)

With web interface, I can add "tasks", how can I attach information remotly to that tasks?

Regards,

PS: I JUST WANT AN EVERNOTE WITH SCHEDULING AND ICAL SYNC OR A OMNIFOCUS WITH SAME FACILITIES OF EVERNOTE TO ADD FROM EVERYWARE EVERYTHINK :) JEJEJEjejejeejje (sry about caps) :)

Happy to help, Gabriel; if you take a look at the "Processing Mail messages into actions" topic in OmniFocus' help menu content, I think that's the best way to go here.

If you don't generally use Mail. app, perhaps you can set it up on one of your Macs, with the only account it checks being the one that you send your OmniFocus task emails to?