The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus Extras
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

scripting perspectives? Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Is there a way to refer to perspectives in Applescript? I'd love to have a simple script command to open a particular perspective.

This is planned, but not implemented yet.

Great, I'll stay on the lookout for it. Thanks for the response.

Add another vote for this. And while I like the switch in the GUI by which Perspectives now default to modifying the front window, not opening a new one, I'd like to see the script interface to perspectives be able to do either.

By way of motivation, the first application of scriptable perspectives on my agenda is a "search" accelerator, which pops up a perspective showing the full contents of the Projects view and sets the search field. Currently I always have to do all these steps manually to rummage through my projects for something -- a frequent task during reviews and reorganization. Accelerating this would be very useful in the absence of a simpler global search facility.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrk View Post
Add another vote for this. And while I like the switch in the GUI by which Perspectives now default to modifying the front window, not opening a new one, I'd like to see the script interface to perspectives be able to do either.
If you opt-click you can open a perspective in a new window.