The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Do I have to take latest Sneakypeak build ? Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
I am using the Sneakypeak Alpha releases but I have been doing a lot of traveling recently where I haven't had access to internet downloads. I seem to be forced into taking a new build every day, which means my Omnifocus stops working if I can't download it. Is there a way of changing this ?

You shouldn't have to download each build. But there is a built-in expiration on the sneaky peeks, and OmniFocus doesn't currently warn when an expiration is approaching; something that will hopefully be changing.

Mine expires every day unless I download the new one

I really can't believe this isn't bothering other people. I have to download a new version virtually every time I run the darn thing. Surely I am doing something dreadfully wrong.

Me as well, but not sure every day. My OF tells me I have to install the same SP even after I have already installed it, or at least that is what seems to happy. On both my home and work comps.

Are you sure the date is correct on your machine?

There are two sorts of expiration. Sneaky Peaks expire after a few days to keep everyone on a recent version. Demo licenses expire after a fixed number of days. These seem to collide in a bad way when someone is using a Sneaky Peek version of the software with an expired demo license.

Curt

Quote:
Originally Posted by whpalmer4 View Post
Are you sure the date is correct on your machine?
If today is the 2nd September then yes

Quote:
Originally Posted by curt.clifton View Post
There are two sorts of expiration. Sneaky Peaks expire after a few days to keep everyone on a recent version. Demo licenses expire after a fixed number of days. These seem to collide in a bad way when someone is using a Sneaky Peek version of the software with an expired demo license.
I have a full license and it expires every time I run it now. This is driving me nuts, the product is unusable. I would be happy to go back to a non Alpha version if it supported the iPhone properly, but that's why I went for the Alpha version.

As an experiment I have just downloaded the latest version, run it, and then immediately quit it, and then run it again and it said it was expired.