The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Perspective syncing Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
So, I read that in 1.7, perspectives are supposed to sync. If I create a new perspective, it gets synced, but the perspectives I had before the upgrade don't seem to be getting synced.

Do we have to re-create all perspectives in order to get them to sync?

Do your old perspectives show up in the Perspectives menu in OF?

Some people had issues with old perspectives not getting imported into the new version. Also, 1.7.2 has some bug fixes around perspectives, so make sure you're running that version.

Curt

They do show up in the perspectives menu. I did have a perspective related crash in 1.7.1. I've got about a dozen of them, so I suppose I'll just re-create them all. It shouldn't take too long if I'm organized about it. :-)

I'm using 1.7.2 by the way.

I'd also recommend checking with the support ninjas (Help → Send Feedback). It sounds like there's a bug here that they would be interested in fixing.

Curt

Quote:
Originally Posted by abh19 View Post
They do show up in the perspectives menu. I did have a perspective related crash in 1.7.1. I've got about a dozen of them, so I suppose I'll just re-create them all. It shouldn't take too long if I'm organized about it. :-)

I'm using 1.7.2 by the way.
Oh, are they just missing from your toolbar? We only sync the perspectives themselves, not your toolbar layout, because you might want different toolbars on different computers. (For example, I have work perspectives on my toolbar at work, and home perspectives on my toolbar at home.)

You can put the new synchronized perspectives*back on your toolbar by selecting "Customize Toolbar…" from the View menu.

Hope this helps!

Ken,

I did need to re-add them to the toolbar after the upgrade, but that wasn't what I meant by not syncing. What made me notice the issue is that I changed the name of one of my pre-1.7 perspectives on one computer and the change was not updated on the other (as shown in the Perspectives menu). But when I made a new perspective, the new one did appear in the second computer's perspectives menu. The new perspective was made after the name change of the old one, so I figured that the old perspective wasn't syncing.

I just started up OF again and noticed that the name change DOES indeed seem to be on the second computer, so maybe there is no issue after all. Could be that the perspective menu just didn't update the changed one as rapidly as the new one. I'll do a little testing to find out if all the perspectives are actually getting synced, and get in touch with the support ninjas if I find an issue.

Aaron

P.S. Perspective syncing is a great addition, by the way. I tend to change my perspectives frequently, so I really appreciate that this feature is now in OF. Thanks!!