The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus Syncing
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Using client SSL certificates? Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Is there any way to use a client SSL certificate when syncing with OF?

I imagine this is much easier on OF for the Mac, but I'd also like to know if there's a way to do it with the iPhone version.

I have historically restricted the IP addresses which can connect to my WebDAV server, but of course the iPhone could have practically any address. So I'd like to restrict access by some other method, but something stronger than just a password. Client SSL certificates (assuming I can bludgeon my WebDAV server into accepting them) should let me do that.

But I don't know how to tell OF to use one.

It's possible that Apple's iPhone Configuration Utility would let you set this up, but I don't think there's a way to do this within OmniFocus itself.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian View Post
It's possible that Apple's iPhone Configuration Utility would let you set this up, but I don't think there's a way to do this within OmniFocus itself.
What about on the Mac?

OmniFocus supports the keychain, so I believe any certificates you install there will work just fine. Looks like the "Adding Certificates to a Keychain" topic in Mac Help covers how to do so.