The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniOutliner > OmniOutliner 3 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

unbearable latency in OmniOutliner Pro Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
hi.

i want to love this app because it's super-useful BUT at random intervals it will just stop taking keyboard [and all other?] input for 1 to 40 seconds or more. some of the keyboard input is queued, since it shows up when the program starts responding.

attached are three application samples taken during high latency.
Attached Files
File Type: zip outliner samples.zip (20.3 KB, 359 views)

Hi, which version of the app are you using? This looks like a bug we fixed in 3.7. If you are using 3.7 or later, please send an email to omnioutliner@omnigroup.com about this issue along with any information you have about how to reproduce this issue so we can hopefully figure out what's going on.

Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by akarve View Post
hi.

i want to love this app because it's super-useful BUT at random intervals it will just stop taking keyboard [and all other?] input for 1 to 40 seconds or more. some of the keyboard input is queued, since it shows up when the program starts responding.

attached are three application samples taken during high latency.
did you check if time machine is backing up while you're working? i find this is the source of my latency issues with leopard apps.

so the problem seems to be working with search terms in the OmniOutliner search box. i am told that OO rebuilds the search on every edit, so things get slow.

this is still a bug, but can be worked around.

thanks, all.