The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniPlan > OmniPlan General
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

OmniFocus integration with OmniPlan 2? Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
First of all, both OP and OF are excellent programs for Mac and iDevices!
You guys are doing a nice job!
I've used OF for years on all my Apple devices. Now we (a bunch of medics) decided to have OP as an overall timeline planning tool, which is working really well so far.

Just one more thing:
Please find a way to integrate the two!
The couple might become a real killer app duo!
(I'm not a programmer, however, wouldn't be CalDAV compatibility for all apps on OS X and iOS be a first and relatively painless step to integrate an agenda)?
THX

Another Vote.

I have used OF for managing my daily work and personal life, OP is for my more complicated work projects. I found it's a pain to have to look in two different places for my projects.

Another vote.

Grace

+1

figuring that OmniFocus 2 will come before OmniFocus and OmniPlan sync... Would make sense, even though we all seem to waiting for a loooong time for the sync ;)

+1

Love both apps, with they work together its gonna be even better!

Quote:
Originally Posted by gpetit View Post
+1 here. I have not purchased OmniPlan but used it in the past. I use OmniFocus on a daily basis and integration with OmniPlan would certainly make me purchase it.

I'd use OmniPlan for long term sophisticated projects and OmniFocus for short term "what's next".
yep. i keep coming back to the site to check if there is any news on sync. every time i want to start a serious project, i look around for the tools i want to use, and i just want to use omnifocus and omniplan together. OP > gantt for the visual reference to project milestones, critical path, and resources, and OF > actions necessary to reach milestones. basically, anything that's a project could stay in OP, with the action steps covered in OF. that would be utterly marvellous.