The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus for iPhone
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

In the forecast, calendar events flash Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
On my Mac, I'm running 1.9.4 and on my iPhone (iOS 5.01) it's 1.13.3.

The forecast view is absolutely fantastic except that calendar events (the lower portion of the window) tend to flash. Not all the time but frequently enough. When it does this, the calendar events will stay solid for several second and then disappear to be replaced by the little spinning busy cursor for maybe a half second, and then reappear. Is this some sort of a configuration thing on the iPhone or just a bug that will get fixed in the next update?

Thanks,
Rob

I'm having this same problem (calendar events flashing in Forecast mode.) Does anyone have a solution for this? Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by caspersgrin View Post
On my Mac, I'm running 1.9.4 and on my iPhone (iOS 5.01) it's 1.13.3.

The forecast view is absolutely fantastic except that calendar events (the lower portion of the window) tend to flash. Not all the time but frequently enough. When it does this, the calendar events will stay solid for several second and then disappear to be replaced by the little spinning busy cursor for maybe a half second, and then reappear. Is this some sort of a configuration thing on the iPhone or just a bug that will get fixed in the next update?

Thanks,
Rob
What do you mean by "frequently enough" and when is this occurring? Does this happen when you first open the app, is there a delay of a few minutes between "flashes", or is it happening over and over every few seconds? Do you suppose these "flashes" are the app updating calendar information when the forecast view is initialized or every few minutes to insure the most update information is available?

My use of the OmniFocus iPhone app allows for data to be updated. I understand when I open the app it needs to update the information which has changed from my work on my Mac; this is both from my OmniFocus database and my calendars. I have seen the updating occur within the forecast view and i would not consider it anything more than the application updating data. However, you might be experiencing something different and more details of the occurrences you posted about could help in finding a solution. Additionally, if you do suspect a bug, contacting Omni Group support would be deemed appropriate.