The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Exporting all completed tasks for categories removed? Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Periodically I'd like to export all my tasks, current and completed, to CSV or html.

My question: if I complete a project, by completing all the tasks, and then remove the project (by deleting the folder name in the left column) are the (cleaned up) completed tasks still saved? (I don't always have them assigned to contexts either)

When I export everything, will it still list the completed tasks even though the folder they were stored in is not there anymore?

Thanks
Frank

Quote:
Originally Posted by frankmcma View Post
My question: if I complete a project, by completing all the tasks, and then remove the project (by deleting the folder name in the left column) are the (cleaned up) completed tasks still saved? (I don't always have them assigned to contexts either)
By "folder," do you mean project? Folders contain projects or single-action lists; actions are contained by projects or single-action lists.

If you delete a project or list, you will delete all the actions in it, regardless of their status. If you want to keep your completed tasks, you should keep the project/list. You can, however, mark it complete with the Inspector or the contextual menu, so that it will not appear if your project selector has only available or remaining projects showing.

The 1.1 sneakypeek has an archive function, which allows you to transfer completed items to a separate file. I don't use it, though. OmniFocus seems robust enough for me to keep dozens of completed projects in the database.