The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Actions wrongly colored Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Quote:
Originally Posted by whpalmer4 View Post
Dennis, did you intend to omit the "with"? :-)
Ha ha! Yes, unfortunately my wife drew the line at bringing the iPhone to bed. ;-)

-Dennis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken Case View Post
Does File->Rebuild Database help?
So my day "rolls over" at 3 pm, because that's my default due time for actions. So a few minutes ago (it's just after 3 here) I looked at the actions due tomorrow and saw that three were colored correctly and 9 were not. (I have "24 hours" set as the time for due soon.) These are spread across six different projects, some single action, some not. (BTW, this is on my work machine, on which all of today's actions were correctly styled!)

Anyway, File->Rebuild Database did result in all the actions being correctly styled. It'll be interesting to see what they look like when I get home and view them on that machine.

Hmm, I wonder if it matters which machine gets to 3 pm first and whether (and in what order) syncs happen after that. That might help explain why the wrong coloring seems random.

Curt

Quote:
Originally Posted by whpalmer4 View Post
Ken, out of curiosity, does OF update the styling, trigger notifications, etc. by scanning the entire database every minute, or do you build (and maintain) a schedule of upcoming changes?
We maintain a schedule of upcoming events, and schedule a timer to wake up and update the task status at the time of the first unprocessed event within the next few hours. If there isn't anything scheduled to happen in the next few hours, we schedule an event to check the schedule again later. And, of course, we update and rescan the schedule when task dates are edited.

When the timer fires, we scan through all the tasks and update their status. Any groups to which that task belongs (projects, contexts, folders) should update their status and counters as well, and finally any views displaying any of those tasks or groups should redraw with the new status.