The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Getting SSL errors when trying to OmniSync [A:High load caused connection timeouts - see thread.] Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
see title. anybody else?

Quote:
Originally Posted by FatalError View Post
see title. anybody else?
Are you still getting them? I think there was an issue earlier this morning, which seems resolved now.

Yes, still getting this error.

I've been getting this error as well. I've tried restarting the ipad and iphone. I'm also getting the error on my iMac. Any ideas on how to solve this?

Thanks.

One of the sync servers is overloaded at the moment. It still works, but many connections time out. Apparently the plan is to wait for the load to drop off, then move some of the users off that server.

Great. Thanks for the update! Much appreciated!

Quote:
Originally Posted by whpalmer4 View Post
One of the sync servers is overloaded at the moment. It still works, but many connections time out.
Strange way to put it. Timing out still equals not working. Been 4 hours and still nothing. I really hope this isn't a recurring thing especially with OF 2 bringing in (more) new customers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jakeg View Post
Strange way to put it. Timing out still equals not working. Been 4 hours and still nothing. I really hope this isn't a recurring thing especially with OF 2 bringing in (more) new customers.
For any given request it may not work. However, many of the requests made to it do work. There are people on the affected server getting syncs completed.

I suggest you contact Omni directly if you are still having failures every time. urgent@omnigroup.com, or 1-800-315-6664 or 1-206-523-4152. Posting to the forum is not the same as contacting them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by whpalmer4 View Post
There are people on the affected server getting syncs completed.
Not trying to be obtuse. I'm just sure what this means in the big picture. It's working for some people, not for others. I get it. That means nothing if you're one of those that it's not working for. And it seems not to be working for quite a few.

https://twitter.com/OmniSyncServer

Thanks for the phone numbers, but I'm not sure that would help. From the twitter thread it seems that solution is just to wait. I'm fine with one day being wonky. Just hope this is solved for the future.

Big picture is that they'll shuffle users around to try to prevent this from happening, and hopefully refine their understanding of how many users one of their servers will realistically support at peak times.