The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniGraffle > OmniGraffle General
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

How to change control point to/from curve Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Let's say I select the pen tool and start drawing a custom shape. Depending on whether I drag or click when creating a control point I get either a corner or a bendy point (not sure of the technical term, but a bendy point has those curve control handles on both sides).

I seem to always end up with one or two corner points in my shape that I don't want. I can go back and move them around, but I want to convert them to bendy points. Is there a way to do that? I suppose I can just delete them, but then I need a way to create new bendy points.

After looking at draw preferences I see that I can double click to create a new control point, but not a bendy point. Help appreciated.

Leon - just click and drag from an existing control point; the bezier controls should appear as you drag.

Does that help?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian View Post
Leon - just click and drag from an existing control point; the bezier controls should appear as you drag.

Does that help?
No, it's not working for me. There are two kinds of control points. The ones that have bezier controls when I click and drag and the ones that don't. I tried clicking on the sharp corner control points and they don't sprout any bezier controls.

Existing points that have no handles can be converted to bezier by selecting the point, then holding down the Command key and dragging the handles out.

This works for both shapes made with the Pen Tool and bezier lines.

I knew it had to be something like that. I had been trying every modifier combination to no avail. Nice - I like the way it works!