The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus for iPad
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Estimated Time? Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
In Omnifocus for Mac you have an estimated time column which most people use for occasions when they want something to do in a set time period. I noticed that on both iPad and iPhone as far as I can tell they do not have this info anywhere. Am I just not finding it or is it something you intentionally left off? I would use it if you had it in the iPad version in particular.

There's currently no UI for viewing or setting the duration estimate field in the iPhone and iPad apps, but the data is there. If you build a context-based perspective that sorts and/or filters on duration on the Mac, it will work on the iPhone and iPad as well.

Use Send Feedback (iPhone) or Contact Omni (iPad) to put in a request for duration support on those platforms.

I sent a feedback email to omni for this feature too.

I have perspectives set up to show for example.. Tasks at Home < 5 mins.
It does indeed work, but I would also like to have the ability to set or edit the duration for a task in the Add/Edit dialog.

Send your feature request to Omni requesting this. The more requests they get, the better the chance is for them to add this functionality into a future update.

Hej there!

To See on my iPad, how Long a Job will take, would be really really great.

In my opinion, this is much more important on the ipad than on the iphone but, I think, if the ui comes, it will come on both plattforms nearly at the Same Time.

When it comes, I will Be able to use my Wrist Watch Timer timeboxing each Task. And because of that I will Be much more efficient.

Hopefully OG comes up with it soon - I'm Looking forward to it...