The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus for iPad
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Request: better formatting of nested context/project titles Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
This is a minor annoyance (and perhaps has been requested in the past) but could the pop-up lists of contexts and projects be formatted better? For example, I have a context of "Agenda" with a subcontext of "Work" and a further subcontext of "Bob M.". In the pop-up this shows up as:

AgendaWorkBob M.

Wouldn't that be better as:

Agenda:Work:Bob M.

If you wanted to get super fancy, you could improve the abbreviating of project contexts as well. I assume you are using IOSs default abbreviating so that my project "Other work Projects" with subproject "natural language processing' becomes:

Other Work Project...language Processing

It'd be great if that could somehow something closer to:

Other...Project:Natural lan...sing

Just a suggestion. Love the app.

Hmm... on my iPad it is shown as "Agenda : Work : Bob M."
Do you sync with OmniFocus for Mac? It seems likely that you accidentally changed your preference on the Mac and it was synced over.

Arggg. I feel like an idiot. Yes, this setting is on the Mac and completely obvious (in retrospect).

Thanks for pointing it out to me...and not laughing at me :)

Don't feel like an idiot. That field is active by default when you open that tab so it's really easy to change it without realizing it. We ought to fix that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lizard View Post
Hmm... on my iPad it is shown as "Agenda : Work : Bob M."
Do you sync with OmniFocus for Mac? It seems likely that you accidentally changed your preference on the Mac and it was synced over.

I have that setting checked on my mac and on my iPad it doesn't sort by sub contexts at all. I am sure I too am missing something because all of my contexts show as a flat list on the iPad without any sub contexts grouped.

Never mind, I finally just figured this out, I didn't realize that the little carrot arrow was what I needed to click on and always clicked on the text "Contexts" which gave me the flat view.