The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus for iPad
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Adding location to project? Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
I have just returned to the Apple universe after some years only working with Linux. I am now using OmniFocus for iPad and Mac, and am trying to figure out a way to add a location to individual projects in OmniFocus for iPad. Is this possible and how do I do it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by globetrotterdk View Post
I have just returned to the Apple universe after some years only working with Linux. I am now using OmniFocus for iPad and Mac, and am trying to figure out a way to add a location to individual projects in OmniFocus for iPad. Is this possible and how do I do it?
It's contexts that have location in OF rather than projects.

The idea being that a context would represent locations such as @HardwareStore, @Home or @Office whereas the tasks in a project might individually be accomplished at a multitude of locations. E.g "buy wood", "build shelves" etc.

If you poke about in a contexts settings on the ipad you'll find it - I can't be more specific as I'm using the iPhone version on the ipad right now.

Thanks. I understand the logic of having locations in context, but freelancers can often have a number of projects of various types, some for the same company or organization, while others relate to other companies/organizations with different physical locations. Locations only related to a context can have the affect of atomizing the process rather than focusing. A specific context such as "computer online" or even "website" "Skype interview", etc. doesn't necesarilly mean much. It could be possible that a context like "organization x website" still doesn't provide enough context in relation to what else a person may be doing for "company x".

Think of mind mapping contexts when you are trying to develop an overview. Like a mind map, a context isn't necessarily only related to a task.