The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniPlan > OmniPlan General
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

we work backwards... Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
i'm new to omniplan, but have viewed all of the vdo tutorials and read through the entire manual.

in my line of work we receive a project deadline (it's 99% an event of some sort)...then we work backwards to set deadlines. the project deadline never changes (it can't...it's an event)...but of course tasks change based on our ability to get things done on time.

does anyone have any thoughts on this?

nia

OmniPlan cannot (yet) schedule backwards. However, you could create a milestone for that event and lock its start and due dates. Then create dependencies from each other task or group of tasks to that milestone. As things are planned and leveled, if anything pushes a task past that milestone, it will raise a violation so you can notice and correct the conflict.

Yes me too. Just trying out Omniplan for the first time, and we always work backwards when planning things. Seems like an important feature Omni developers!