The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus for iPhone
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

German localization problems in OF 1.6 Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
I totally agree with Ulmisch. One can't see a thing if "Fälligkeitsdatum" is used. This applys to iPhone as well as to iCal. To get an idea here's a screenshot:

Edit: Although I'm aware that this is a very minor issue, it should be fairly easy to fix: Just change that one word used in the german localization and integrate that with the next version.

It would be nice to see this handled rather sooner than later.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Fällig.jpg
Views:	344
Size:	68.4 KB
ID:	1372  

Last edited by FatalError; 2010-05-11 at 11:50 PM..

I've added a note about this thread to the item in the development database on this problem. Folks that also want to see this changed can help by emailing the support ninjas.

(We read the forums as we're able, but can't guarantee that we'll see every post. By contrast, we have support ninjas that are dedicated to making sure that customer feedback makes it into the development database.)

Any news? I also experienced some strange behaviour: Sometimes it says "Due" and sometimes "Fälligkeitsdatum". I don't mind that part being english, just make it short. But it seems to be jumping localizations?

Please pretty please correct the german translation, will you?

EDIT: And here's another screenshot. Even worse -> or unusuable...
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	Fällig2.jpg
Views:	328
Size:	62.8 KB
ID:	1404  

Last edited by FatalError; 2010-05-19 at 05:43 AM..

Fatal, are you running the OmniFocus 1.8 sneakypeeks?

I suspect that what's going on here is that the Mac app (which gains calendar sync in that release) lacks the fix that we added to the iPhone app. If the Mac app is the one to update the calendar for a given event, you get the longer text.

I mentioned this problem to the lead developer in a meeting today. Not fixed yet, but we haven't forgotten about it.

Another possible cause: maybe one of your devices is running the English version of the application? You'd get "Due" for the events added by that copy of the app. If that is the case, a workaround might be to just let that version of the app update your reminder calendar...

Last edited by Brian; 2010-05-19 at 03:53 PM.. Reason: remembered other possible cause and workaround

Hey Brian,

thanks for your response. You are right, I'm using the 1.8 sneaky peaks.

Concerning the language versions: iPhone is the german version. But the sneaky peak I'm not so sure. The UI is german but the menu at the top is mixed. check the screenshot.

Which iPhone version # is it that contains the fix? Is it in 1.6.3? or even earlier?
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	Language Mixup.jpg
Views:	324
Size:	111.0 KB
ID:	1405  

We hadn't actually fixed it yet, but I did just now. It should show up in the next Mac 1.8 sneaky peek, and will also show up in the next iPhone release (whatever follows the current 1.6.3 release).

Ken, Thank you.

So meaning, if 1.8 next sneaky peek gets released before 1.6.4 iPhone or whatever will come, the problem will persist when I sync the calendar from my iPhone? So until then I should only sync the calendar from the mac. Am I right?

FatalError, that's correct - for the time being, you'll want let your Mac handle the calendar updating until we get another iPhone release out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FatalError View Post
So meaning, if 1.8 next sneaky peek gets released before 1.6.4 iPhone or whatever will come, the problem will persist when I sync the calendar from my iPhone? So until then I should only sync the calendar from the mac. Am I right?
You can't really do that, I'm afraid, since syncing the calendar is a shared setting that applies to all your devices: if you're updating the calendar on one device, you'll update it from all of them.

We'll try to get that iPhone update out soon.

And 1.6.5 came today and contains the fix. Good job and thank you!