The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniGraffle > OmniGraffle General
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Change default page zoom? Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
I keep changing my zoom to "Fit to Window" for my canvases. But when I re-open the document later, each canvas is shrunk back down so that there is this gray border all the way around. I hate that!

I've got a 20 page document and this is getting to be a real annoyance. Each time I jump to a page/canvas I have to first fit it to the window. Is there a way to set this as a persistent default? Or are the zoom setting just never saved anywhere?

Set up the page with the Keep fit to window setting selected and save it as a template. Pick that template as the default. All newly created documents will start with the window zoomed to fit.

However, new canvasses in the same document won't pick up this setting and you'll still have to zoom them. Very annoying - use the Send Feedback from the OmniGraffle help menu to ask that this feature be corrected.

Done. Thanks!