The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniOutliner > OmniOutliner for iPad
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Bug in new Audio Record feature - Fixed in 1.4.1 Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Hi

I've updated to OO for iPad that came out today, and the first thing I tried is the new audio record button at the middle of the bottom toolbar. It looks really nicely thought out. Unfortunately I've hit a snag.

After my first attempt at making a recording, there was an error, and the recording wasn't saved.

Now the recording button has been replaced by the recording interface with a title of 'Recovered Audio'. I can play back the recovered audio, but trying to do anything, including inserting it into the outline, brings up an alert with the text 'The operation could not complete. A file is missing.'

If I go back out to the Outline file picker, no changes to the outline are saved. Opening any outline again shows the 'Recovered Audio' panel, and nothing works. So I'm stuck with some sort of recovered audio file, which affects all my outlines, can't be saved, and prevents any changes to my outlines.

Help?

Last edited by Robert Black; 2013-02-12 at 06:11 PM.. Reason: Title: Question rather than statement

The exact alert is "The operation couldn't be completed. A file is missing or has been deleted."

Same problem here using an iPad 1st generation. I'm using this program everyday and this bug is a very big problem for me!

We are looking into this and will let you know as soon as we figure out what's going on. Sorry for the trouble!

Robert, what model iPad are you using and what version of iOS? Thanks.

Ok, we discovered what the problem is. It's an unfortunate oversight in using a timestamp in the recording name. If your iPad is in a region that results in slashes being in the time stamp, such as "13/02/2013" you'll get this error. To recover from this:
Go to the iPad Settings > General > International > Region Format
Set the format to United States
Switch back to OmniOutliner
Dismiss the error message as many time as needed and then swipe delete the row that contains the audio recording if you have one
Tap the checkmark on the recovered audio box to insert that recording, delete or save that recording as desired
Go back to Settings and switch your Region Format back.

We will be submitting an update to fix this shortly so please do not try anymore audio recordings until you get the update.

Once again, we're very sorry about this and please let us know if there's anything else we can help you with.

Thanks!

Last edited by DerekM; 2013-02-13 at 01:30 PM..

iPad 2. iOS 6.1.
Region format: Australia.

Thanks for finding a workaround. I'll go try it now.

Robert

We have fixed this issue and submitted it to Apple.

1.4.1 has been approved and should be appearing for download for everyone over the next hour or so.