The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > Applying OmniFocus
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Sticking with it Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Let's see if this would translate to words very well:

I have been an OmniFocus user from the early days but I constantly find myself veering away from constant use. Been mulling over why this may be, and my conclusion is that it's because the work that I consider most important — writing code most of the time — doesn't easily gel with the task philosophy of OmniFocus (or maybe any other task manager). The stuff that drives my coding process is usually captured in my thoughts or some flow charts or maybe bug trackers etc. I have tried using OF for managing some coding tasks but it's much better for me to keep these in a simple text file (no contexts required, no start/due dates, not much organization needed, etc.)

In any case, the result: my OF houses well managed tasks lists for everything else (general upkeep of self, family, business, house, etc.) that I find myself running from just a tad. I would much rather keep working on my code and therefore ignore a lot of important things for couple of days.

I am wondering if anyone else has felt this problem (that I have tried very hard to describe), and if they have found some measure of reconciliation.