The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Wait List Perspective Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Hey Everyone,
I was hoping to create a view but I am having trouble making it work.
What i want it to be is the list of all my Next Action waiting items.

The problem i have is that i use my wait actions for reminders for follow up. So i set the start date and the due date to the day I will need to check up on that task. That way it shows up on my due list the day I need to follow up. Otherwise I am constantly being reminded of things I have not control over (waiting on someones reply to an email for example).
What I want to do is be able to once a day review all of those Waiting items to make sure that if i got an email that i was waiting for i can check that item off and move it forward.

When i use the "Next Action" view i don't see the ones that have followup dates in the future and when i use "remaining" i get ALL of them, but they could not be ready yet.

Any ideas?

Thanks,
Soupy

How about a context mode view, grouped by due date, sorted by project, showing remaining actions? Status filter could be any or due soon, depending on how much of the future stuff you want included. Close the groups for any unwanted future dates, and save as a perspective with Restore: Expansion checked.

Thanks for your input. Sadly that still leaves me with the problem of seeing waiting items that are not yet the next action.
Which means i am reviewing waiting items that i am not actually waiting for yet.

Do you need to put a due date on before it is a next action? If not, then you can leave it off until it becomes a next action, and it will be swept off into the no due date group. You could even put an action right before the waiting one that reminds you to put a due date on it if you think you'll forget.