The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Shortcut for Updating Due Dates Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
How can I quickly edit the due date of one or multiple existing actions? Currently I can only see and edit the due date when I select an action ‣ open the inspector ‣ go to the due date tab ‣ click the really tiny calendar button ‣ select a date in the date selector. I assume there's a quicker way to set a relative (e.g. +2d) due date or an absolute due date. Is there a shortcut for this?

There's a couple shortcuts.
1) Type a date in the due date field on the inspector. It understands partial dates like "tomorrow" or even "tom" or "January" or "Fri" or "2d" or "1w".

2) For even faster access to the due date field, go to the View menu. From there, choose Columns, and then Due Date. This should add it to the main view.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lizard View Post
There's a couple shortcuts.
2) For even faster access to the due date field, go to the View menu. From there, choose Columns, and then Due Date. This should add it to the main view.
Thanks for this hint. That definitely helps. Also I like that you can select multiple items by clicking in the area at the beginning of the items (dot). But then again you can only use the info window to change their settings. I wonder why the info area actually is an acutal extra window as you need it so much. I would rather see that integrated into the interface. Or is there a hidden setting for this I missed ...?

Note also that you can select multiple items before making your change in the inspector, changing them all at once.

Also have a look at various scripts, like Dan Byler's Defer script and RobTrew's SetDates script. Post on how to use scripts with OmniFocus here. Depending on why you are adding/changing the start/due dates, these scripts might be quite helpful.

On a small screen, being able to hide the inspector when you aren't using it is helpful. On a big screen, just park the inspector next to your window.

Quote:
Originally Posted by whpalmer4 View Post
Also have a look at various scripts, like Dan Byler's Defer script and RobTrew's SetDates script. Post on how to use scripts with OmniFocus here. Depending on why you are adding/changing the start/due dates, these scripts might be quite helpful.
Oh, thanks for this. The defer scripts really look promising.