The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

How about a general state of the union address on OF at this point in time? Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
How about a general state of the union address on OF at this point in time? I have signed up for the sneaky peeks but I have to admit I have fallen off the wagon a few times because the rate of updates can get trying, even for bleeding edge little o me.

Any word on where development stands, what things must be overcome, and how the office pets are doing?

Throw us (me) a bone because I am struggling to make life work with just the little news that is circulating. ;)

I second this motion. Personally, I would love a quick post that gives us a sense of when this app is expected (understanding no solid commitment by this) to go into release candidate. As I play with it, I am approaching the time when I have to make a commitment for which my system will be for next year and ideally I would love to switch during this quarter to be ready and in full production for next year.

Some sort of timeline would be very helpful. Thanks.

I'm expecting we'll have real details posted this week. FWIW, I've been managing all my real world omni (and personal) work in OmniFocus as we're very close to final feature freeze.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ethan Schoonover View Post
I'm expecting we'll have real details posted this week. FWIW, I've been managing all my real world omni (and personal) work in OmniFocus as we're very close to final feature freeze.
That'd be great. I'm very hopeful that the issue where OF won't sync with calendars created in Mail via IMAP accounts can be fixed.

There's a lot of weirdness around calendars. We're aware of most of the the glaring ones. Calendar support is definitely evolving rapidly.

How's the rumored new video coming along? Can you include that in your state of the union? :)

For what it is worth, I really like the new iCal synching preferences pane. It is very nice and provides for a lot of flexibility!

A state of the state would be great. We are coming up on almost a full year of building this thing (half a year of testing).

Should be ready to call it a day and launch 1.0.

BZ

Thanks for the words Ethan. I guess it is nice to hear that you guys are actually planning on releasing this as opposed to just having us test it for Omni internal use only. :-P

I think I can remember when Omni was hopeful it would be released around March but it has been so long, I may be mixed up.

Glad to hear something is coming out because I am ready to get this purchased and get on with it. I am very unorganized at the moment and OF is an answer that may be THE answer for my situation.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BwanaZulia View Post
Should be ready to call it a day and launch 1.0.

BZ
Are you suggesting skipping the beta phase and going right into production?