The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Prioritizing tasks with my client Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
I'm developing a Web site for a client (Scott), using OmniFocus to maintain a list of tasks in a Planning folder with several projects (design, develop, e-commerce).

Scott's site went live last Friday, thanks in part to my ability to post my task list on my site where Scott can see it. I use Curt Clifton's "Export View to OmniOutliner" script to send the hierarchical list of task names to OmniOutliner Pro. From there I export the list to HTML and upload the page to my site.

Scott just annotated the 30+ remaining tasks with his priorities: "immediate need", "would like to see it" and "put at the end of the line" (aka high, medium and low). I'm going to add his priorities to my list so that (1) I can easily factor priority into setting start and due dates, and (2) Scott can see the priorities when I post the updated list.

The only priority-like feature I see in OmniFocus is the Flag (high & low). Although a priority column in OmniFocus would be a great addition for me, Scott wouldn't be able to see it because Curt's script passes only the task names to OmniOutliner.

So I'm about to add a symbolic prefix to the individual tasks:
"++" = high
"+" = medium
(no prefix) = low
"?" = unassigned
There's been some mention of task priority in other threads. I'm curious how others are handling priority right now.