The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Some links to email messages in Mail.app doesn't work Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Some of my links to email messages suddenly doesn't work and i'm getting the message from Mail.app saying "No associated application could be found", but some links still work though.

I'm using IMAP and i am moving messages to different folders for archiving (on the IMAP server, not localy), but that doesn't seem to be the issue, cause some of the moved messages still link in OmniFocus.

Any help? Many thanks in advance!

I've noticed a similar problem in the past few days.

I usually drag the OF item to my Mail to create a new message with the link attached. That way when one of my team-mates responds to the email with an update, all I have to do is click on the link and OF opens to that item.

At some point last Friday, this stopped happening. I click the link, and OF will open (if it wasn't already) but it doesn't go to the item.

I really got used to this! Hopefully there is a fix.

Mark

Can you guys select one of the affected messages and then select
View -> Message -> Long Headers in Mail.app?

Next, have a look at the "message-id" header. Does it contain the '%' character?

(Forum link for my own future reference, in case this turns out to be the same problem.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian View Post

Next, have a look at the "message-id" header. Does it contain the '%' character?

(Forum link for my own future reference, in case this turns out to be the same problem.)
Yes, the affected message does contain the '%" character.

Hi Brian:
I checked one of the messages that isn't working and it does not have a % in that field. I also checked one that was working correctly and there wasn't a % either.

If it would help, let me know and I can forward you one of the emails.

Mark

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian View Post

Thanks, folks - I've opened a bug up on this, and attached links to this thread. If the dev team has questions when they work on this, we can contact you from the email addresses associated with your forum accounts.

I used OmniFocus Quick Entry from mail back in April. I just clicked the "Original Message" link and got the "No associated application" popup error.

Responding to Brian's question about "%" in the message id, I searched for the message. It's not there, probably because I deleted it.

I just discovered that hovering over "Original Message" displays the ID, and right-click lets me copy the link to the clipboard:

message://%3C4750F53B-F49F-4FD1-9C25-39F6145E89DF@loudzen.com%3E

The "%3C" and "%3E" display as "<" and ">" in the yellow popup.

[submitted as formal feedback]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ward View Post
I used OmniFocus Quick Entry from mail back in April. I just clicked the "Original Message" link and got the "No associated application" popup error.

Responding to Brian's question about "%" in the message id, I searched for the message. It's not there, probably because I deleted it.

I just discovered that hovering over "Original Message" displays the ID, and right-click lets me copy the link to the clipboard:

message://%3C4750F53B-F49F-4FD1-9C25-39F6145E89DF@loudzen.com%3E

The "%3C" and "%3E" display as "<" and ">" in the yellow popup.

[submitted as formal feedback]
Yeah, the same thing happened to me too. It's saying "No associated application could be found." It makes me not trust the application.

same here.
it seems the bug from
http://forums.omnigroup.com/showthre...ication&page=2
has reappeared.

OS X 10.5.4
Mail Version 3.4 (928/928.1
OmniFocus Revision:1.1 104292

sometimes the link works, sometimes not.
can you please fix this?

This error: "No associated application could be found" started happening to me.

There is no % in the link and it appears to happen when I move the message within the mail.app.