The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Single-Action lists and due dates Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Hi there -

Hope this isn't a dumb question. It seems that if you have a single-action group with a number of tasks, one of which has a due date within a month, then whenever you view the window by when things are due, that group (and hence all its actions) will be pulled into the 'due within one month' slot - just because one of them is. Is there any way around this, i.e. to have the individual tasks within such a group judged by their individual dates?

Planning view does sort the projects, but if you switch to context view, actions will be placed into the appropriate buckets on an individual basis. If I misunderstood the request, let me know and I can take another swing. ;-)

I like the way this works in project mode because it allows me to see an entire project when there are individual actions that are due. I hope this doesn't change in a future version. What you need to do is to look at the actions from context mode and they will be shown by their individual dates. You could create a perspective to show the actions by due date. A perspective that would work for you would be:

Context filter: Active
Grouping: Due
Sorting: Due
Status Filter: Remaining
Estimated Time Filter: Any Duration
Flag Filter: Any Flag State

Hey - Thanks for the fast response. My question was *very* badly phrased ;-) What I meant was... I have a single-action list with deadlines for a few small projects. I also have a perspective saved called 'Timeline' which shows what's due in the next month, etc. One of the projects has a deadline within one month, the other is two months. However the whole single action bucket - complete with both projects - appears in the 'Within the next month' slot, presumably because *one* of the projects is. Anyway around this? And any way of having within a week/month/three months - as per The Hit List?

Many thanks...

I don't know if this will help without looking at the actual settings for your perspective, but is there a reason why you want to create projects in a single-action list (SAL)? The concept of a SAL is to organize single actions that have no relationship to the other actions in the list. If you create a folder and then move your projects from the SAL to the new folder, does the perspective still behave the same way?