The Omni Group
These forums are now read-only. Please visit our new forums to participate in discussion. A new account will be required to post in the new forums. For more info on the switch, see this post. Thank you!

Go Back   The Omni Group Forums > OmniFocus > OmniFocus 1 for Mac
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Inactive contexts--how to use them? Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Maybe this just reflects the status of the program (rock solid for an "alpha" I would say!), but I can't figure out how to use an "inactive" context. In Kinkless I used them for things that I'd like to do, but I might not be able to do in this lifetime ("get a life", or "explore infrared photography"). However, since inactive contexts don't show up in the context pull-down menu, I can't figure out how to assign a task to a context. Of course, I can activate the context, assign it, and then deactivate it, but that seems to defeat the purpose.

At some point we'll have a style to differentiate between active and inactive contexts, so when you view "all contexts" the inactive ones will pop out.